Despite our intensive review of the information presented on this website, EXPLORE HARDWARE makes no representation or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained on this website. EXPLORE HARDWARE is not liable for any errors or omissions in the information presented. There may be some variation between the images presented and the actual product sold.
As well, as a result of our ongoing product improvement items may not be exactly as depicted on this website. We will make every attempt to indicate major changes in products, to our knowledge, at the time of receipt of your order. All measurements and specifications indicated are best approximations and will affect the installation or functionality of the item.
EXPLORE HARDWARE reserves the right to change, delete or modify the information presented without any prior notice.
EXPLORE HARDWARE cannot be held liable for any harm or injury caused due to any person’s improper or negligent use of this equipment or as a result of improper care and/or maintenance of such. Any modification to any product, with the exception of modifications made by EXPLORE HARDWARE or its subcontractors, immediately voids any and all warranty in effect.
All product specifications have been reviewed and verified but we may have overlooked something. As a result, information and specifications indicated on this website are subject to change without prior notice.
While we make every attempt to maintain stock of products offered in our catalogue and normally have a 95%+ success rate of shipping orders complete this is not always possible. Some products may be ordered from our supplier only upon receipt of a sales order from customers. Additionally, while we try to ship all orders complete there are instances where some items are not available at the time of shipment. Unless otherwise advised when placing your order, all available items will be shipped with any items not available backordered. As available, on an item-by-item basis, backordered merchandise will be shipped.
Order Placement and Free Shipping
All orders over $99.00 are shipped freight prepaid within Canada or the United States of America (excluding Alaska, Hawaii or any US Territory). EXPLORE HARDWARE will select the best method of shipping depending on the destination location. Remote areas may incur shipping delays and/or additional shipping charges. We will notify you of any exceptions upon receipt of your order.
Orders may be placed by telephone, email or through our website.
Please contact us immediately if you would like to cancel or modify an order. Please click here to advise us of any change, cancellation or questions about your order.
EXPLORE HARDWARE will package all items in suitable packaging to ensure that it arrives at your location in good condition. This does not completely prevent items from being lost or damaged by carrier during transport. All damages incurred during shipping must be reported to us immediately.
Taxes are charged as required by local, state or federal law.
What is your return policy?
We think that you're going to love our products but in case you don't, we offer a 30-day money back guarantee on unused items. Please contact our support team at email@example.com within 30 days of your received order for instructions. Our customers are responsible for paying for the shipping cost to send back returning product.
* Any orders purchased with a special discount code or sale items, will have a maximum of a 14 day return and exchange policy from the date the order is received at the customers address. Please note that discount codes cannot be applied to already discounted items. Any price adjustments to purchases already made will be considered final sale ( no exchanges and no returns)*
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item or missing quantities so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. We allow our customers up to 14 days from the receipt of their order to let us know about any issues to make it right.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. This can take up to 5-7 days. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Limited 10-year Warranty (direct end user sales)
For a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase EXPLORE HARDWARE warrants that all items sold are free of any material defect of material and manufacturing. This warranty is limited to the original purchaser only and is non-transferable. Upon return of the product(s) under warranty with original proof of purchase and subject to our findings after inspection, we will supply a suitable replacement if available or, if the style is no longer available, a credit equivalent to the original purchase price which may be used to purchase additional items.
Our limited warranty is subject to the following conditions and limitations:
1. This warranty is limited only to product(s) sold by EXPLORE HARDWARE to the original purchaser in Canada and the United States.
2. EXPLORE HARDWARE’s liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of any part found to be defective. EXPLORE HARDWARE shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential or special damages, loss of enjoyment or costs beyond the repair or replacement of the defective item.
3. This limited warranty shall not apply to any product(s) that have not been installed, used or maintained in accordance with directions specified in the item instructions or on our web page nor shall it apply to any product(s) that have been improperly maintained, mishandled, abused, misapplied, misused, subject to harsh chemical action, subject to harsh environmental conditions, field modified by unauthorized personnel or use of unorthodox repair, damaged by flood, fire or other acts of nature, cosmetic damage or normal wear-and-tear. EXPLORE hardware is intended to be used in residential environments only. Accordingly, the use of EXPLORE HARDWARE in a commercial environment, without our expressed consent, will render this limited 10-year warranty null and void.
4. EXPLORE HARDWARE may, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective item and will undertake, as required, to effect repair or replacement of the defective item during the period of the warranty including such costs as it sees fit.
5.INDEMNITY: Buyer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend EXPLORE HARDWARE from and against any and all liabilities and expenses arising out of any injury or damage which results from Buyer’s use, misuse, negligence, misapplication, modification, ownership, failure to inspect, maintain or repair the Products or Buyer’s violation or alleged violation of any federal, state, county or local laws or regulation.
Proposition 65 Warning
Proposition 65, also known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, is a California law that was approved by voters in November 1986. Its primary purpose is to protect California citizens from exposure to toxic chemicals by safeguarding the state’s drinking water sources. The statute prohibits businesses from knowingly discharging listed chemicals into drinking water sources.
Proposition 65 also requires that a business selling products that contain certain identified chemicals in excess of defined levels, provide a clear and reasonable warning of the potential hazard. For many listed Proposition 65 chemicals, no warning is required on products determined not to exceed “Safe Harbor” levels of exposure. Proposition 65 is administered by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA), which publishes a list of chemicals known to cause cancer or birth defects. This list is periodically updated and currently contains over 800 chemicals. The list is accessible at www.oehha.ca.gov/chemicals.
Approved Warnings – New OEHHA warning regulations that took effect on August 30, 2018, require more detailed product labelling. Explore Hardware ensures that its products that require Proposition 65 warnings are labelled in accordance with these new regulations, including identification of specific chemicals and exposure types. Specific product labels reflect the chemical composition of the labeled product. Below is an example of a label which may appear on Explore Hardware products in order to comply with this regulation:
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.